I currently study Computer Science at the Georgia Institute of Technology. I'm a very passionate technology and education enthusiast, and I absolutely love being challenged with new ideas every day. My research and innovation interests lie in understanding and evaluating the feasibility of education technologies for diverse learning environments; I love working at the intersection of the learning sciences, artificial intelligence, and human-computer interaction. I aim to engineer creative and contextually appropriate technological solutions for different communities.
In my free time, when I'm not out for a jog, I'm usually playing the violin. I learned to play the violin in the Indian Carnatic Classical style at the age of 8, and I eventually self-taught myself the Western and other Indian styles. I usually spend my free time composing new notes or repurposing some of my favourite Keerthanams, Hindi music, and English music into interesting fusions. I also used to perform regularly at concerts and events up until 2014.
- 17 October 2017 Presented 'CopyCat' at the School of Interactive Conputing's Annual GVU Showcase (Atlanta, USA).
- 1 October 2017 Presented a TED talk, titled 'Using VR to Create Empathetic Learning Experiences' at the CONTEXT 2017, organized by the CREATE Lab at Carnegie Mellon University.
- 15 August 2017 Awarded the President's Undergraduate Research Award by Georgia Tech.
- 1 August 2017 Presented inspirit and VR learning opportunities at the YouTube India event in Chennai, India, on the occasion of Tamil Day 2017.
- 15 July 2017 Conducted a workshop on designing and developing VR content with students in the Asha for Education center in Mumbai, India.
- 24 June 2017 Conducted two workshops at the Georgia Department of Education with 100+ teachers from across the state of Georgia. We trained teachers on designing meaningful VR content that they can integrate into the classroom.
- 15 June 2017 Organized a summer camp with 60 students to design and develop VR content that teaches viewers on the challenges surrounding hunger and homelessness in Atlanta.
- 15 May 2017 Participated at the ACM CHI 2017 conference in Denver, and presented a poster on virtual reality and education at the HCI Across Borders 2017 Workshop.
- 24 April 2017 Awarded the Outstanding Junior in Computer Science Award from the Georgia Tech College of Computing for the 2016-2017 academic year. Very grateful for this wonderful surprise!
- 10 April 2017 Presented inspirit as a finalist at the Georgia Tech's Ideas 2 Serve 2017 competition.
- 1 April 2017 My research from last year was featured in a Techwalla article.
- 16 March 2017 Presented inspirit at the CEISMC STEAM Conference (at the Georgia Tech Research Institute) to a group of ~60 teachers, principals, and education administrators from the state of Georgia.
- 6 March 2017 Launched inspiritVR - the world's first free 360-degree content repository for educational content!
- 8 December 2016 My research from Summer 2016 was featured on the Georgia Tech College of Computing homepage and the Daily Digest.
- 12 September 2016 Received initial seed funding for OrchestrAI from the 1517 Fund. Also been invited to present a talk at the Wolfram Alpha Technology Conference next week (at Champaign, USA).
- 16 September 2016 Visited the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and participated in the HackMIT 2016 Hackathon. Created an IoT paper-based tool titled 'Augmented Paper' and won the Philips-MIT Award for the Best Focuse-Based Document Summariazation Tool.
- 22 August 2016 Awarded the President's Undergraduate Research Award (Fall 2016) for Outstanding Undergraduate Research.
- 20 August 2016 Started working with Clarifai as a remote developer evangelist intern. Clarifai is a New York based deep learning and artificial intelligence startup.
- 20 June 2016 Started working with the Google UX and Expeditions team (New York and Mumbai Offices) to design and deploy a low-cost VR system for learning in two schools in Powai, Mumbai.
- 7 May 2016 Participated at the ICTD Workshop at the Google and Facebook Headquarters, as part of the ACM CHI 2016 DevCon Workshop.
Last Updated: 17 October 2017